Tuesday, September 27, 2011
When I saw these babies from Shen's Addiction (here), I knew that I just had to try them. I got five shades and here's what I think...
- inexpensive (got three of them for P325 each and P320 each for the other two)
- gorgeous shades
- creamy upon application but dries to a matte finish
- smells delicious (too bad it doesn't taste that way)
- lasts for 4 hours without drinking/eating
- doesn't dry out my lips
- enhances lip lines (will try it with a lip balm next time)
- not available locally
Please check out the pictures below.:D
Stockholm, Antwerp, Milan, San Paulo, and Addis Ababa (no flash)
Stockholm, Antwerp, Milan, San Paulo, and Addis Ababa (with flash)
I love Stockholm, Milan, San Paulo, and Addis Ababa. Antwerp didn't suit me that well but I'm sure it will look awesome on others. I might get Monte Carlo and Amsterdam next.:D
Monday, September 19, 2011
I would like to share with you one of my current favorites...TADA!!!
ESTEE LAUDER LIP CONDITIONER SPF 15
(photo taken from esteelauder.com)
From the Estee Lauder website:
- intensely moisturizing
- soothes, comforts lips
- SPF 15
PRODUCT DETAILS: a soothing moisture treat for your lips
LIP CARING FORMULA:
- hydrates, smooths, comforts, and protects lips
- SPF 15 sunscreen
- Vitamins C and E
- Shea Butter and other naturally derived moisturizers
TWO WAYS TO WEAR:
- apply under lipstick as a moisturizing base coat
- or wear it overnight as an intensive moisture treatment
I use it everyday, morning (sometimes alone or under my lipstick) and night. After several weeks of using it, I've fallen for it big time! Why do I love it? Well, simply because...
- it is hydrating, soothing, and comforting
- it has no waxy feel and is very light on the lips
- it made my lips soft and smooth
- it improved my lip lines...they are not as deep as before (I kid you not!)
I guess the only downside is the price (and the case...makes me feel like I'm a granny...hehehe!). At P1150, I admit that it is quite expensive for a lip conditioner. But then again, given the positive results I enjoy, I guess it's a reasonable trade-off.:D
Monday, September 5, 2011
Product Review and Swatches:
Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme Powder Foundation
30 Cendre SPF 20/PA+++
I always read beauty blogs when I want to research about a particular brand of skincare and makeup. Sadly, most of the products I want to try do not get reviewed! I end up buying products and trying them out myself. Now, these "trial and error" experiments are a little costly and result in either of the two: eureka moments (sometimes) or regret and disappointment (more often than not). I feel for all of you out there who are just like me so I decided to get my own blog and start sharing with you my discoveries.
Please bear in mind that different people react differently to the same product. What works for others may not work for you and vice versa. Also, before trying out skincare and makeup, may I suggest you do the following first:
- check out the ingredients to see if you are allergic to any of them,
- try the product on your inner arm and behind your ears for at least 24 hours,
- or better yet, consult a dermatologist.
This is my first post so please bear with me, okay?:D
I bought this because I finally finished my Laura Mercier Pressed powder and I need a new setting powder. I know this is a foundation but I have heard of others who use powder foundation to set their makeup so I decided to give it a try. I passed up on the compact and just got the refill because I did not know yet if I will like this one or not. I did not want the case to go to waste. The compact with powder is worth P3450 while the refill costs P2450.
I chose 30 Cendre because it is close to my Shu Uemura Nobara in 764. Cendre is lighter and "yellower" when I swatched it on my arm though. According to the description on the bottom label, it is a "sebum control pore minimizing powder foundation". Now, for an oily and acne prone chika like me, this sounds like an answer to a prayer.
Here are the pictures I took...
Chanel and Shu Uemura
a closer look...
without flash (Shu Uemura 764 and Chanel beige cendre)
with flash (Shu Uemura 764 and Chanel beige cendre)
- has SPF 20/PA+++
- powder is finely-milled and applies smoothly
- looks natural and does not cake (I was afraid it might sink in to my large pores so I didn't use the sponge and used a powder brush instead)
- coverage is buildable: may be light (for those who have great skin and do not really need makeup) but may be layered on
- evened out my skin
- made my face look glowy when it mixed with my oilies (my nose is a different story though >:P )
- does not transfer
- stays on well (put this at 9am and by 6pm it was still okay except for my nose which I had to retouch by midday)
- did not fully cover my red post acne marks (perhaps I should apply it with a wet sponge?)
- did not make my nose happy...it became shiny within fifteen minutes after application and by lunch time my nose was bare, naked, and totally exposed!:(
- has a slight smell in the compact (none at all when I applied it on my face)
Will I buy again? I'm not sure yet. This is a nice powder but it didn't keep the shine at bay. I'll try it with different primers and see if it will fare better. I will keep using this till the last swipe though because I like it...reapplying powder and blotting my nose once in a while won't hurt me...after all, it's second nature to me.:D